Lower El (1st-3rd Grades)
- Five multiage classrooms of 1st-3rd grades
- All teachers are AMI or AMS trained and Colorado certified.
- The Lower Elementary curriculum builds on the Primary experience. Students receive further instruction in small group and whole group lessons. Concrete Montessori materials continue to solidify concepts before moving to abstraction in the areas of Language, Math, Cultural, Geometry, Science, Practical Life, and Grace and Courtesy.
- The skills of independence, concentration, time management, work planning, and homework are practiced and expected.
- Aligned with BVSD standards.
Learn about transitioning from Children’s House to
Lower Elementary at Community Montessori: